Friday, June 19, 2009

Tiamo's Restaurant & Bistro

303 Lygon St
Carlton 3053 VIC Phone: (03) 9347 5759

Amazon decided we were going to eat lunch on Lygon this Tuesday seeing she had an exam at REB later that arvo. She had heard good things about Tiamo, and so we were eager to try it out.

Next to Tiamo is Tiamo 2, we originally tried going into Tiamo 2 but they couldn't seat the 7 of us since there had already been reservations made by a large group. We even spotted Red Symons eating there!



When we walked into Tiamo we asked for a table for 7. We were allocated to this one table at the end of the restaurant which barely fit the 7 of us. I guess people don't usually go in large numbers? But hey at least we got a seat.

After looking at the menu, most of us decided to get pasta of some sort. Amazon is currently my walking food dictionary, I find that there are a lot of food names I genuinely don't know yet. Really need to start studying up!

Amatriciana (Penne) $14.90
As you can see from the top the portions were quite generous, same goes with the other dishes. I quite enjoyed this one in particular, the mild spiciness of the sauce really gave it a kick.
A closer look
Napoli (Ravioli) $14.90

Saltati (tortellini) $14.90

Risotto Baby Veal $15.90I was pretty disappointed with the risotto

Cannelloni $14.90I know what you're thinking, that looks like one fine Cannelloni. I'm not too sure if the meat in this dish is supposed to taste off, but it did. Amazon seemed fine with it though.


Overall, the Amatriciana with Penne was by far the best. The Saltati with tortellini and the Napoli with ravioli were good as well. The Risotto was a bit bland but the Cannelloni was by far my least favourite.


Price: The pasta dishes are mostly priced at $14.90 with other mains going up to $21.90. The generous servings for the pasta dishes make it worth the $14.90.

Overall Score - Casual Dining: 13.5/20

  • Food: 3.5/5
  • Range of Choice: 3/5
  • Value for Money: 3.5/5
  • Venue: 3.5/5
I probably would have given the venue a higher score if the 7 of us hadn't been squished onto one table.
Other Useful Information:
Opening Hours:
Everyday - breakfast till late

2 comments:

  1. only 3.5/5??
    I can't taste it, but by just looking at it I'm drooling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you fix the spelling of your Carlton tag pretty please? :-)

    ReplyDelete