So for a food "newbie" like myself, to decide on where to eat next I usually turn to the following:
- The Age Good Food Guide
- YourRestaurants (www.yourrestaurants.com.au)
- Food Blogs
- Google (which eventually lead me to food blogs)
For now though I'd like to mention a few of my favourite sites that I like to visit when it comes to food.
Food, Food & More Food Photos
Need I say more? I think the names of these sites are pretty self explanatory.
- Tummy Rumbles (tummyrumbles.com) - This blog comes in handy when eating in the CBD. If it weren't for this blog I would not know about Creperie Le Triskel! Mellie and EG also make sure you have regular updates on Asian eateries.
- Melbourne Gastronome (www.melbournegastronome.com) - This site comes in handy when you're looking for a good cafe. Claire keeps you updated on restaurants to eat at, new cafe openings and invites you to have a home-cooked meal with her family.
- Eat (Almost) Anything At Least Once (www.eatalmostanything.com) - If you like fine dining and traveling across Europe, this is definitely the blog you should be reading. Paloo and Haloo ensure that there will be no shortages in reviews of the best restaurants in Melbourne.
- Use Real Butter (userealbutter.com) - so far this blog would have to be my favourite, not only is it regularly updated, the writing, the food, the photos... Jen has it all down pat. You have to check it for yourself to see
- The Wandering Eater (thewanderingeater.com) - ever wondered what it was like to dine in NY? Tina definitely knows her restaurants and her photography.